Hilary Weaver is a 23 year old award-winning singer and songwriter from Toronto who is breaking out in the pop/rock genre in Canada, the U.S. and the UK with her unique blend of pop/retro rock fresh and catchy songs, powerful, emotional and strong vocals, fantastic dynamic performance ability and her hip rock look!!
Hilary’s vocals and songs are a mix of the emotional empowerment songs of Kelly Clarkson, the pop styling of Katie Perry and the rock edge of Pink!
Hilary’s first EP, “Tell the Next Girl”, released in February 2010 garnered recognition and numerous awards for her catchy pop songs!
Hilary released her 2nd CD, “Heart Breakout” in June 2012 with 7 pop/rock songs that showcase her powerful and emotional vocals – take a listen to Heart Breakout, Blind Spot, Lost and Found, I Can See You, Alive, Shame on You and Never Made it Home!! This new CD is taking Hilary to the next level in her music career!
Highlights from press reviews: talented and well trained vocals; unwavering strong voice; great unforced vocal range; crisp and smooth vocals; tons of emotion; superbly performed; well thought out and sensitive lyrics with catchy hooks and superb melody; easy to relate to her feelings and songs; has a freshness about her; has a maturity that is well beyond her young age.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND AWARDS
Hilary is making waves internationally on the music scene just to mention a few: Winner Best Pop Song in the Great American Song Contest in March 2010, Winner Best Female Vocal at the Hollywood Music in Media Awards in LA in November 2009 and Top 10 Finalist for British Music Week’s Rising Star Award 2009 out of over 10,000 global entries in London, England in October 2009. See full list below.
2013 SINGER UNIVERSE
– Sept. 2013, WINNER, VOCALIST OF THE MONTH, for her song “Never Made It Home”!
2012 TORONTO INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARDS
– Sept. 2012 – Nominated as one of 5 nominees for BEST POP ARTIST
2012 UNSIGNED ONLY MUSIC COMPETITION
– June 2012 – SEMI-FINALIST in the Vocal Performance Category for her song, Heart Breakout – out of over 7,500 entries from over 80 countries!
2012 AKON’S HITLAB EMERGING ARTIST GRAMMY CONTEST
– February 2012 – TOP TEN FINALIST out of thousands of entries around the world!!
– October 2011 – Top Five Vocalist in SingerUniverse’s “Best Vocalist Of The Month” Competition for her song, We’re Smokin’ Hot!
BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC COMPETITION
– May 2011 – Top 6 finalists out of hundreds of entries from across North America and around the world in a competition to win a Scholarship for a 5 week program. Sonicbids’ staff review of the performance: “Toronto’s Hilary Weaver brought up the energy in the room with crazy powerful vocals over catchy pop-rock tracks and closed the night with killer rock ballads!”
2010 INTERNATIONAL SONGWRITING COMPETITION (ISC)
– March 2011 – SEMI-FINALIST, “Alive”
100% MUSIC SONGWRITING COMPETITION
– December 2010 – TOP 10 FINALIST POP/AC CATEGORY, “Alive”
ANTHEM INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL COMPETITION
– December, 2010 – TOP 8 INTERNATIONAL FINALIST
– March 2010 – WINNER, Toronto Section
LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS
– July 2010
– Nominated, BEST POP SONG, “We’re Smokin’ Hot”
– Nominated, BEST POP ARTIST
2009 GREAT AMERICAN SONG CONTEST
– March 2010
– WINNER – BEST POP SONG, “Tell the Next Girl”
– Finalist, BEST POP SONG, “We’re Smokin’ Hot”
17TH ANNUAL BILLBOARD WORLD SONG CONTEST
– February 2010 – Honorable Mentions for Pop Songs – “We’re Smokin’ Hot”, “Tell the Next Girl” and “It Cant Be With You”
– Novemer 2009 – Special Segment – Profile as a Rising Artist in Canada
HOLLYWOOD MUSIC IN MEDIA AWARDS
– November 2009
– WINNER – BEST FEMALE VOCAL, “We’re Smokin’ Hot”
– Nominee, BEST POP SONG, “Tell the Next Girl”
RISING STAR AWARDS, BRITISH MUSIC WEEK
– October 2009 – TOP TEN FINALIST out of over 10,000 entries around the globe only Canadian performs in London
BARRIE NEW MUSIC FEST AWARDS
– September 2009 – Nominee, BEST POP SONG, “Tell the Next Girl”
RISING ARTIST OF THE MONTH
– February 2009 – www.indiemusicstop.com